When I look back at what I purchased in 2022, I actually didn’t purchase that much. Believe it or not I don’t spend hundreds on clothing each month (more because I have very little wardrobe space). And also, I do value the money I spend on clothing, and prefer to purchase investment pieces than clothing that will only last me one season. So this year, I am going to be really mindful about what I buy, and why it will make an asset in my wardrobe. So here are some wardrobe investments that I currently have my eye on to purchase in 2023.
1. Zara Faux Shearling Gilet – This gilet has been around for a while, but I feel like Zara is pushing it again, and we are seeing it again on our Instagram feeds. And for me, this is an investment item. Perfect for the in-between seasons from winter to spring, and autumn to winter. It might be a sunny but chilly day, or you need a layer to through over some sweats to make it chic. It is such a gorgeous wardrobe edition and very timeless.
2. & Other Stories Oversized Belted Coat in Grey – I had quite a few duster and long coats in my wardrobe but I never actually wear them. Why? Because I have grown to realise my style is more oversized and boxy. The coats I had were not that. And so I have sold mine on Vinted and I will be replacing with one like this coat (or this exact one) which suits my needs more.
3. Adanola ADA Oversized Hoodie – Black – In 2022, I had this noise in my brain telling me not to buy too many sweatshirts or hoodies and that I should be more adventurous. But 2023 is telling me to wear what I love. And I LIVE in a good hoodie or sweatshirt. I am going to invest in some more this year to really complete my collection. And that includes a black hoodie as I don’t actually own one. And the Adanola hoodies are just a DREAM.
4. ANINE BING Ramone University New York Sweatshirt – I have been really wanting another ANINE BING hoodie ever since I bought my other, because the fit is a dream. It was one of my top ten purchases of all time. And I had my heart set on the washed black hoodie with white text, however they no longer sell it. So send best is their washed black sweatshirts and I can tell I would live in this during spring.
5. The White Company Faux-Fur Buckle Cork Slider Slippers – I saw these in-store before Christmas and fell in love with them. I am always wearing slippers at home, and have my trust UGGs. However, I would like a pair that are a bit more sturdy wear around the house (and to give my Uggs a break so I can keep the longevity of them going).
6. Barbour Abbey Wellies – I may or may not have already bought these… these were a treat with some money I had from family for my birthday. After going on a few coastal walks over Christmas I quickly realised I needed a pair of wellies as my converse had been destroyed by mud (adds converse to my list too..). But I wanted a pair of black wellies and these came recommended.
7. ASOS DESIGN Locket Square Toe Ballet flats in black and beige – The ballet pump trend kicked off in 2022, however I will be taking it into 2023. I used to wear ballet pumps all the time so I am so thrilled they are back. And these are the perfect take on the viral Chanel pumps (but for a fraction of the price).
8. ASOS DESIGN oversized grandad wool mix jacket in cream – Again, another item I may or may not have already purchased. I loved this when I saw this on Instagram. My only issue is that it is a completely different colour in person than online. I half wish I bought the grey one, however I only have on blazer in my collection so maybe having both won’t be a bad thing…
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’. This blog post contains affiliate links.