When I look back at what I purchased in 2022, I actually didn’t purchase that much. Believe it or not I don’t spend hundreds on clothing each month (more because I have very little wardrobe space). And also, I do value the money I spend on clothing, and prefer to purchase investment pieces than clothing that will only last me one season. So this year, I am going to be really mindful about what I buy, and why it will make an asset in my wardrobe. So here are some wardrobe investments that I currently have my eye on to purchase in 2023.
1. Zara Faux Shearling Gilet – This gilet has been around for a while, but I feel like Zara is pushing it again, and we are seeing it again on our Instagram feeds. And for me, this is an investment item. Perfect for the in-between seasons from winter to spring, and autumn to winter. It might be a sunny but chilly day, or you need a layer to through over some sweats to make it chic. It is such a gorgeous wardrobe edition and very timeless.
2. & Other Stories Oversized Belted Coat in Grey – I had quite a few duster and long coats in my wardrobe but I never actually wear them. Why? Because I have grown to realise my style is more oversized and boxy. The coats I had were not that. And so I have sold mine on Vinted and I will be replacing with one like this coat (or this exact one) which suits my needs more.
3. Adanola ADA Oversized Hoodie – Black – In 2022, I had this noise in my brain telling me not to buy too many sweatshirts or hoodies and that I should be more adventurous. But 2023 is telling me to wear what I love. And I LIVE in a good hoodie or sweatshirt. I am going to invest in some more this year to really complete my collection. And that includes a black hoodie as I don’t actually own one. And the Adanola hoodies are just a DREAM.
4. ANINE BING Ramone University New York Sweatshirt – I have been really wanting another ANINE BING hoodie ever since I bought my other, because the fit is a dream. It was one of my top ten purchases of all time. And I had my heart set on the washed black hoodie with white text, however they no longer sell it. So send best is their washed black sweatshirts and I can tell I would live in this during spring.
5. The White Company Faux-Fur Buckle Cork Slider Slippers – I saw these in-store before Christmas and fell in love with them. I am always wearing slippers at home, and have my trust UGGs. However, I would like a pair that are a bit more sturdy wear around the house (and to give my Uggs a break so I can keep the longevity of them going).
6. Barbour Abbey Wellies – I may or may not have already bought these… these were a treat with some money I had from family for my birthday. After going on a few coastal walks over Christmas I quickly realised I needed a pair of wellies as my converse had been destroyed by mud (adds converse to my list too..). But I wanted a pair of black wellies and these came recommended.
7. ASOS DESIGN Locket Square Toe Ballet flats in black and beige – The ballet pump trend kicked off in 2022, however I will be taking it into 2023. I used to wear ballet pumps all the time so I am so thrilled they are back. And these are the perfect take on the viral Chanel pumps (but for a fraction of the price).
8. ASOS DESIGN oversized grandad wool mix jacket in cream – Again, another item I may or may not have already purchased. I loved this when I saw this on Instagram. My only issue is that it is a completely different colour in person than online. I half wish I bought the grey one, however I only have on blazer in my collection so maybe having both won’t be a bad thing…
You can always have a scroll over on my INSTAGRAM. Or if you wanna tweet me then find me at @EMILYCLARESKINNER!
Find my latest blog post here!
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’. This blog post contains affiliate links.
I’m happiest in a hoody or sweatshirt too! The Anine Bing ones do look such good quality!
Kathleen / http://www.madeinthe1990s.com