Some might say my winter coat collection has built up quite nicely. I am a big coat lover, and every year I will treat myself to a new one. But I also chose wisely because I like to make my winter coats wearable every year – revolving wardrobe and all that. So picking the right coat is really important as even though it has to be practical, it has to be an investment piece. Because buying all the new winter coats isn’t the cheapest activity in the world.
But a good thing about coats is that the most likely thing is, is that they will still be in style next years. Coats are a more relative fashion item, as in they are relative to your own style as opposed to trends. We have all seen the houndstooth New Look coat take over Instagram lately. But I have selected a few coats that might be next in line to take the fashion industry by lead.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. H&M Wool-Blend Coat – £119.00*. A little bit on the pricier side for H&M but I have spotted this coat on my Instagram feed and I just love the combination of the brown and the black together in this print. It is such an autumn winter transition coat and perfect to fit all your layers underneath it.
2. H&M Light Beige Coat – £69.99*. I think this is just the epitome of class and sophistication all for a relatively good price. This is a designer like coat and the beige blend is just so gorgeous. Winter wonderland perfection.
3. Zara Oversized Puffer Coat – £59.99. Zara actually have some relatively good priced coats. This reminded me of one I tried from ASOS this year because of the quilting pattern. Quilting is quite old fashioned however it just shows how fashion evolves.
4. Mango Faux Fur Coat – £69.99 down to £89.99*. I looked at this coat and thought of the Queen of Hearts at first. But in all seriousness, I thought the quality if the faux fur looked amazing in comparison to some faux fur jackets you have. And if you don’t like the red there are other colour options too.
5. Collusion Long Line Puffer Jacket In Black – £65.00*. Everyone needs a long line black puffer jacket in their lives. I have one and it is my go to for the wet and windy winter days we are bound to have. It will keep you dry head to toe for any outfit.
6. Topshop Olive Green Coat – £59.00*. I am a bit of an olive/khaki green fan so this coat just really stood out to me. The design is simple, yet the colour speaks for itself. You can style this with a monochrome or neutral outfit too add that pop of colour as a statement piece.
7. New Look Dark Brown Leather-Look Boxy Puffer Jacket – £34.49 down from £45.99. I have never seen a coat on the market like this one before. And I was so shocked that it was on sale for less that £35 too. New Look have shown themselves high in the coat game with a few amazing pieces so this would be perfect for a casual winter walk.
8. ASOS DESIGN Oversized Borg Aviator With Patent Binding – £65.00*. I wanted to throw a teddy or borg style coat because they have even floating around a range of high street stores lately. I know Topshop have had some as well as New Look, and they would be perfect to wear over some leather look leggings or trousers.
9. Boohoo Oversized Check Belted Wool Look Robe Coat – £44.00*. This is a bit like the New Look houndstooth coat that has been raved about, however it is a bit more subtle. The houndstooth is a statement where are this check pattern is a bit more muted and more casual to style.
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.