We have all seen them. All over Instagram. The knitted vest. The most popular H&M knitted vest has been worn and seen on the majority of fashion content creators and bloggers this September, and it has almost spurred on a new trend for the transitional outfit period. Despite that, there aren’t absolutely tonnes of styles in the average high street stores. Ones that are like the H&M ones at least. So don’t you worry I have done the research for you and found some neutral style knitted vests.
A knitted vest might not be everyones style because it takes a bit of styling ability to wear them, because at the end of the day, you need to layer them or else your arms will get cold. But they are actually really versatile and really air that 90s prep vibe. I love a good autumnal knit anyway, so anything adventurous in that league I am going to rave about.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. Zara Knitted Waistcoat TRF – £25.99. I saw this option and as it was my favourite out of all of these I had to put it first. This is different to the other options here as it has that waistcoat style to it with the buttons. This would be perfect with a knitted camel skirt, and a black polar neck top underneath.
2. H&M Cable-knit sleeveless jumper – £34.99*. I just adore the grey knitted vest from H&M. I think this one is possibly the easiest to style because like shown on the model you can easily were it with a black long sleeve t-shirt and some black jeans and boots. Perfect for going into winter too!
3. H&M Rib-knit slipover – £19.99*. This is most like H&M’s viral vest but this just has a higher neckline. This screams cottage core to me and I love how it is styled with the white shirt. Because it is ‘greige’ it can be worn with warmer tones and cooler tones such as white shirts.
4. Arket Cable-Knit Vest – £21 down from £69* (70% off). I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this Arket vest was only £21 down from £69. It is such a good bargain for an Arket piece and also has such a timeless feel too it. I would snap this deal up whilst you can!
5. Vero Moda Aware cable knit vest with roll neck in cream – £38.00*. Another cream high neck vest but this one has slightly longer sleeves. This would look really nice with some leather look leggings and chunky boots. This is more of an oversized style and chunkier knit than the Arket option.
6. Y.A.S knitted vest with high neck in cream – £38.00*. This one stood out to me because of the slit in the seems of the vest. I think this makes it easier to layer so you can fit an oversized shirt under it more comfortably. Its also a lightly vest option.
7. COS Cotton Chunky Knit Vest – £79.00*. Moving on to the two more higher end vests COS have some really chic options on their site. This cream chunky knit doesn’t have the roll neck like the others so can be styled well with other turtle neck tops underneath.
8. COS Cashmere Knit Vest – £99.00*. This is bound to be one of the most comfiest vests as it is cashmere. It will be lightweight, high quality and something a bit luxe to add to your wardrobe as an autumnal treat.
9. Zara Cable-Knit Vest – £25.99. Finally is this boxy style Zara Cable Knit Vest. I adore the cropped style of this one which makes it easier to style with jeans as opposed to leggings or leather look leggings. The tone of it is also gorgeous.
You can always have a scroll over on my INSTAGRAM. Or if you wanna tweet me then find me at @EMILYCBEAUTY!
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.
Everyone seems to be wearing these knitted vests at the moment and I’m dying to get my hands on one! I’m holding out for a second hand one if possible but these are some great options!
There are loads of second hand ones on Depop!