I think if you look over on my Instagram then you will be able to tell a lot of my wardrobe consists of neutrals. I ‘gave up’ buying bright, bold, colourful pieces about a year ago. Or at least started thinking about what my wardrobe really means to me. I still have some pops of colour, however I started realising that the main pieces that I was drifting towards time and time again were neutral pieces. They are easy to style with each other, and you can get so many different outfits just out of a couple of pieces.
Yes that means, the best way to get a capsule wardrobe going is to stick to a fair load of neutrals. Obviously, if you know you love wearing pink, this will change. Or if you are a colour person then stick to the bold prints. Its a bit about exploration. But there is no denying that over the last couple of years neutrals have become on trend. With many shops like ASOS even doing specific edits just filled with their best neutral items. So as a neutrals enthusiast I wanted to put together some neutrals for autumn.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. Zara Knit Straight Fit Trousers – £29.99. These are the trousers that inspired this post actually. I went into Zara in Bristol last weekend and picked these up, but I also noticed how many neutral items are in Zara at the moment. These trousers are honestly the softest trousers I think I now own, and somehow Zara just make everything so soft and comfortable. HOW?!
2. Lavish Alice Ruby Holley Balloon Sleeve Tie Back Top in Champagne – £65.00*. So Ruby Holley and Lavish Alice have just released a gorgeous new collection which feature this champagne coloured satin top. I wanted to include something a little bit more dressy in this edit too. And there is nothing better than an outfit of jeans and a nice top so here is your nice top.
3. Missguided Mocha Basic Knit Cardigan – £14.40 down from £16.00*. This reminded me of the Zara cardigan which I had my eye on. I love the fact that its not a bulky cardigan so is perfect for the transitional weather or to wear underneath a coat in the colder weather. This one is for my brunette gals as this would look lush if you have brunette hair.
4. Missguided Cream Croc Mid Heel Calf High Boots – £45.00 down from £50.00*. I can tell you now, take this as your warning, mid heel calf high boots are going to be EVERYWHERE this autumn. They have started creeping into shops and trust me I am going to be getting at least a few pairs. I loved how these were lighter, rather than a tan colour they usually would be in.
5. ASOS DESIGN Ribbed Midi V Neck Dress With Collar – £28.00*. The collar style dress and top is really key right now. It is that masculine meets feminine style. If you are like me, and are not a massive fan of body con dresses, them styles like this will suit you well because they are still slimming but also not skin tight.
6. New Look Shirred Square Neck Midi Dress in Camel – £27.99*. This dress is just utterly gorgeous. Fits the cottage-core trend which is everywhere, whilst also fitting into the chic parisian scene. For autumn winter you can wear a leather jacket and biker boots with it.
7. ASOS DESIGN Check Trench Coat In Brown – £65.00*. I have been keeping my eye on trench coats at the moment as I really want to get one for autumn. And I saw this on ASOS. I love how it is style with the blue jeans, as it shows how versatile neutrals are. Also ASOS DESIGN are slowly becoming one of my favourites.
8. H&M Oversized Shacket – £49.99*. Shackets are over of the easiest outwear pieces to style. From jeans to faux leather leggings they can work with pretty much anything. So considering this is also a neutral piece this will become a staple.
9. H&M Imitation Leather Trousers in Beige – £19.99*. I bought a pair of leather trousers from Primark last year on sale for £5. They were lush and I thought I found a right bargain, until I took them home and they didn’t fit. So when I saw these, for only £19.99 I can’t lie and say I wasn’t tempted.
10. Mango Pleated Volume Bag – £19.99*. Mango always absolutely slay the handbag game. From their Loewe basket bag dupe, to this utter beauty, they are the epitome of affordable chic and practical handbags. Truly underrated and truly gorgeous.
You can always have a scroll over on my INSTAGRAM. Or if you wanna tweet me then find me at @EMILYCBEAUTY!
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.
What lovely neutral pieces! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Hope you are having a good weekend 🙂
Thank you Mica!
These are such beautiful pieces! Love the trench coat! xx
Danielle’s Beauty Blog
Thank you so much Danielle!
SO many absolutely beautiful items!
Good I am so glad!
These are beautiful pieces! Love the pants and the trench coat! You curate them so well.
Thank you so much!