I think everyone is starting to now think about autumn. Its August bank holiday this weekend and it is already getting darker in the evenings, and the weather is pretty miserable. I did a transitional BTS two weeks ago, and honestly I have seen so many more gorgeous pieces that I want to waste my money on. But one thing I am specially keeping my eye on is transitional knitwear pieces. I LOVE a bit of knitwear. My wardrobe is 50% jumpers and knitwear so I have a bit of a love affair with it.
I know I have included quite of a few of the same retailers in this post. However I believe these stores currently are nailing that transitional clothing market. I might even do another post because there were just so many pieces and other brands that I wanted to include. Knitwear is also perfect this time of year because you can get lighter knitwear layers, and then layer them up if you need to.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. Pretty Lavish Lara Ribbed Knit Midi Dress – £45.00*. For those of you who don’t want summer to be over and want to hold onto it a little bit longer this dress is perfect. Pretty Lavish is the queen of knitted dresses, and this would be perfect to style with a leather jacket and some biker boots for a gorgeous transitional look. Because it is minimalistic and summer-esque too you will easily be able to wear it again next year throughout summer.
2. H&M Cable Knit Cardigan – £29.99*. This vintage style cardigan from H&M is very cottage core, a trend not only appearing now, but one that will also stay with us for Spring next year. This will look best with a neutral outfit, possible some cream jeans or brown faux leather trousers. So retro!
3. H&M Rib Knit Jumper – £17.99*. I put a similar H&M jumper in last weeks BTS however it was a sleepless jumper. I know that sleeveless jumpers can be a bit out there and not easy to style for some, so this is the exact same jumper but with sleeves! The V-neck style of the jumper means it is destined for layering and the ribbed fabric gives it that little extra quality.
4. H&M Striped Rib Knit Jumper – £17.99*. I don’t think stripes will ever go out of style and H&M is just proving that. This affordable jumper again, is the perfect throw on jumper when you don’t really know what to wear. It can be worn with pretty much anything – jeans, leather look leggings, joggers for a home day etc. The list is endless. It is also slightly oversized, making it extra cosy.
5. Mango Flowers Embroidery Cardigan – £35.99*. Now how cute is this piece?? I thought I would include something that is a bit different to the average knitwear piece this season. I see these cute floral style knits over Instagram and they are adorable. This one from Mango is the perfect thickness for those warmer September days, and will be perfect for next spring too!
6. Mango Cable Knit Gilet – £29.99*. I am so digging this gilet and how they have styled it on the model. It screams Parisienne style and I can just see this looking so good for a brunch or lunch afternoon. With some washed black jeans and a brown leather style handbag this will look gorgeous.
7. Mango Polo Style Sweater – £35.99*. This gorgeous knitted sweater is so unlike any other sweater I have seen on the market. It is super chic, will work perfect all the way through autumn, and the cable knit style of it, yet being lighter wool means it won’t be too warm as a transition piece. It’s in my basket for sure.
8. Zara Cardigan With Tie In Pearl Grey – £29.99. Zara is another that constantly produced some gorgeous knit wear pieces. I have a similar Zara cardigan to this in beige, and its slightly shorter in the body. However I can confirm that it is so easy to style. So I can only image the gorgeous outfits this can go with. From jeans to a skirt as it is grey it will go with everything.
9. Zara Knit Sweater With Ruffle Trim – £17.99. I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS COLOUR. It’s just gorgeous. I have included a lot of neutral pieces here, however I thought I would add a bit of colour in with this top. It is giving me @francescasaffari vibes and with a pair of cream or black jeans, topped with a pair of black slip on loafers this would look STUNNING.
10. Zara Oversized Knit Polo – £25.99. Okay, so picture this. This polo, with black balloon jeans, a pair of loafers, slicked back hair in a low bun, and ray ban style glasses. OH MY GOSH I am in LOVE. This is like my dream outfit summed up right now. I love that this is oversized too as most of my wardrobe at this point is oversized.
You can always have a scroll over on my INSTAGRAM. Or if you wanna tweet me then find me at @EMILYCBEAUTY!
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.
love every piece of this selection!
Ahh I am so glad!
I am so excited for the fall season. Knitwears are the best – looks super stylish and keeps you warm! Thanks for sharing!
Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me
Thank you Nancy!
Great picks! I love the 2nd sweater a lot. I don’t shop fast fashion anymore but will keep this inspo in the back of my mind!
S | Je M’appelle Chanel
Yes its always good to get inspo!
So many stunning items, I think I am gong to have to spend some cash!
Ahah let me know what you get!
I adore all of the knitwear!
Lisa | lisaautumn.com
So many beautiful knits to choose from!
Yes I know!