I don’t want to start this blog post on a bit of a miserable one by saying I think summer is over, however we have had a lot of hot weather and it will have to come to an end soon. As we are verging now onto the last part of August (but honestly it feels like a minute ago it was April), the weather is starting to turn. I mean it was only last night I was up for two hours because of a thunderstorm and heavy rain. So with the wetter weather and cooler temperatures it is time to get all the cosy autumn transition pieces out.
I LOVE dressing for autumn and winter. A lot of people feel the same because the jumpers and coats game just gets better and better every year and the way you can layer multiple items of clothing is just heavenly. I especially love transitional dressing for autumn. I really struggle with it for spring but going into autumn just gives you that reminder that its turning into sweater weather. However I know that a lot of people don’t like transition dressing. So for this Browse The Stores I thought I would cover autumn transition dressing in advance so you have time to prepare and get some inspo.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
2. H&M Felted Shacket – £34.99*. I love blazers for autumn transition pieces however I think this year will be all about the shacket. I like how this is a pretty neutral option to style with multiple outfits. Also I think this is such a reasonable price for a shacket too.
3. & Other Stories Flowy Satin Midi Skirt – £65.00*. I think midi skirts are absolutely perfect for transition pieces. They can be styled really easily with a jumper, or a white t-shirt and denim or leather jacket. They are a good feminine way to change from one season to another.
4. Zara Faux Leather Jumpsuit – £49.99. I have been finding loads of pieces in Zara recently that I love including this jumpsuit. I just think it is so different to ay jumpsuit on the market and its both chic and casual.
5. Zara Long Knitted Cardigan – £29.99. I love a good cardigan especially if I am home working. They are cosy, but also not too warm. With autumn transition dressing you don’t want thick layers as the air is still mild however sometimes a cardigan like this is needed for the chillier moments.
6. New Look Cream Ribbed Vest Knit – £10.99*. I am going to buy this set myself because I saw it on Instagram and it was love at first sight. It comes with matching trousers for £19.99* and also a cardigan. But for loungewear transition pieces this is perfect as you have the options of the longer trousers rather than shorts. Or the cardigan for cover.
7. Mango Denim Dungaree – £49.99*. To me, dungarees are really underrated. These mango ones with the knotted strap are just gorgeous and you can wear them so easily for a casual outfit. I am hoping that because these are new in mango that we might be seeing more of dungarees this autumn.
8. Mango Patch Pocket Shirt – £35.99*. Everyone needs a shirt in their life. The blue and white striped pattern of this shirt holds on to the summer feeling a bit longer, however the longer sleeves make it that perfect transition shirt. Wear with some jeans or a midi skirt and you are good to go.
9. Topshop Black And White Stripe Jacket with Wool – £65.00*. Another jacket which I had to feature is this one from Topshop. I think toyshop always do well jacket/coat wise and I just simply loved the pattern. Its not too over the top but is a good feature as a statement piece for an outfit.
10. Veja Campo Trainers White Black Leather F – £115.00*. Autumn transition dressing is a funny one because sometimes you can get away with the opened toes and sandals look, but on colder and rainier days they aren’t practical. To solve this any white trainer will match perfectly with most outfits. I chose these Veja trainers simply because they are on my wishlist and I just need to hurry up and buy them.
11. Next Signature Mules – £46.00. On the flip side, if the weather is nicer and you want something a little more freeing and cooling than trainers mules are a sophisticated yet comfortable option. The heel isn’t too high to cope and black pair of mules is just an essential in your wardrobe.
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.