Something I have been trying to become more aware of is where I shop from. The efforts towards sustainability have been on the rise in the last 10 years with some shops like H&M making a more conscious effort. Whilst H&M are not a sustainable brand by any means, there small shift is hopefully a start which will further their efforts and also increase the possibility of their competitors following in the same foot steps. The H&M conscious collection is one way I have been shopping in the last year or so.
Basically H&M claim that this their way to show consideration towards the people that make their products and the environment. In fact, their conscious collection has grown so much over the last couple of years, you can simply find them in store with a green clothing label on them. They say on their website “To qualify for a green hangtag, a product must contain at least 50% sustainable materials, such as organic cotton and recycled polyester — but many of our garments contain more than that. The only exception is recycled cotton, which can only make up 20% of a product due to quality restraints. We are, however, working with innovations to increase this share as soon as possible”.
So, even though their shop is not sustainable and fast fashion needs to be addressed within this issue, this movement is more than other shops. And for some people, 100% sustainable shopping just isn’t affordable or viable. However the prices in the conscious collection are largely super affordable. And I have picked some pieces below to show that. These pieces are all from the conscious range.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. H&M Vintage Slim High Ankle Jeans – £24.99*. I saw these jeans and straight away I had to put them in. I have had my eye on a pair of vintage jeans, but these are half the price and are made partly from recycled cotton. The shape is really flattering too, with an extra high waist band which is my go to.
2. H&M A-Line Cotton Dress – £19.99*. This floral dress just screamed to me. I love the oversized style and its seen across a lot of H&Ms dresses. Its 100% organic cotton and would look gorgeous styled with a pair of black chunky sandals this summer.
3. H&M Puff Cotton-Sleeved Dress – £14.99*. First of all I cannot get my head around how this dress is under £15. LIKE WOW! This LBD, again oversized, is so on trend right now and I feel like you could even wear it during autumn. It is also elasticated so it keeps the dress in place.
4. H&M Culotte High Ankle Jeans – £24.99*. I wanted to throw another pair of jeans in the mix to show how they do a really wide variety of jeans in their conscious collection. I was speaking to a friend the other day who only shops second hand and charity, but she said how she had to break that rule of hers to get some new jeans. Then I suggested H&M conscious jeans because at least they are partly sustainable. I love the wide leg jeans and these just fit the bill!
5. H&M Lyocell-blend Playsuit – £29.99*. I adore this jumpsuit. I am a sucker for khaki and this is a gorgeous neutral piece for summer. This playsuit is also made out of a Tencel Lyocell blend which is an environmentally responsible fabric sourced from raw materials.
6. H&M Crinkled Satin Dress – £39.99*. How gorgeous is this dress! I wanted to show a range from jeans to formal dresses to show how versatile their conscious collection is. I am obsessed with the colour of this dress and the cut with the v-neck back, wide sleeves and gathered waist is gorgeous. It is made out of partly recycled polyester.
7. H&M Tie-belt Utility Jacket – £29.99*. I feel this is similar style to the jumpsuit but jacket version. It comes with a belt so you can wear this jacket open and layered or as a statement outfit piece. It comes in a range of colours and is the perfect casual jacket.
8. H&M Lyocell Utility Joggers – £24.99*. Who doesn’t need a pair of joggers in their life? I love the style of these joggers with the elasticated waist and cuffed legs and the details of the pockets too. I feel like these are more wearable tracksuit bottoms for everyday outings too!
9. H&M Balloon Sleeved Cotton Blouse – £49.99*. This blouse is the priciest item in this post, but thats because this boxy style is a conscious collection exclusive. The partially opened back with the draw string ties matches really well with the peplum style of the blouse. Beautiful!
10. H&M Rib-Knit Skirt – £17.99*. Lastly, we have this gorgeous ribbed knit skirt in cream. I adore this style as its chic and comfortable at the same time. I would love to wear this outfit on holiday somewhere with a woven straw handbag and hat.
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.