Without knowing that we do, we all buy for basics. The are the bare minimum in our wardrobes and as much as we gaze around at the stunning, over the top, and glam pieces we set out hearts on, we need basics. At this point, most stores have sections on their website for all their basics. But even as lockdown restrictions are being lifted, a lot of us are still either working from home or spending more time at home than before so basics are becoming a go to. And lets be honest, the are just comfy as hell. So for this weeks Browse The Stores I thought it would only be appropriate to finally cover basics.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. ASOS DESIGN Oversized T-Shirt Dress in Black – £18.00*. If I am spending the day at home there is honestly nothing better than just throwing on an oversized t-shirt. I used to buy my t-shirts in the largest size possible to be able to get this sort of look, but ASOS Design now do specific oversized t-shirt dresses. Also ASOS Design have some amazing basic items for really affordable prices.
2. H&M Ribbed Dress – £14.99*. Now H&M have got a really affordable basic section but they also are quite chic. I love this ribbed dress because you could throw it on for the beach, for some lunch out, a picnic, or a summer day at home. It comes in four colours, and having bought ribbed items from H&M before I can vouch for the fact the quality is really good.
3. H&M Sweatshirt – £9.99*. I have stuck to similar brands in this as I feel they do the best basics out there. This sweatshirt is not only really affordable but a simple grey sweatshirt can be worn in so many different ways in both summer and winter so you wouldn’t struggle styling it.
4. H&M Round Neck T-Shirt – £8.99*. I have a linen shirt in sage very similar to this from H&M and it is just perfect for summer. They can be worn with jeans, denim skirts, linen trousers you name it. And for any age it is suitable. I absolutely love this khaki colour but if you don’t they have so many colour choices and neckline styles.
5. Missguided Charcoal Slogan Washed Sweatshirt – £20.00 down from £25.00*. I have recently come across the joys of Miss Guided sweatshirts. In fact, my next BTS might be sweatshirts because I am so inspired by them and that 90s style Princess Diana look. I always recommend sizing up sweatshirts if you are using them more as loungewear, but I thought this grey washed one was a good option.
6. Zara Basic Asymmetrical T-Shirt – £5.99. Now I know the Zara website is something you have to master but you need to look at the basic section. Zara, despite doing some pricer bits, do some extremely affordable basic bits. In fact, I would always suggest Zara for items like T-Shirt. I love stripes, so this top is screaming at me. But as per, there are lots of other colours and patterns that you can chose from… for a fiver!
7. Topshop Classic Grey 90s Oversized Joggers – £25.00*. Anyone who knows me will know how much I wear my toyshop joggers. I literally wear them day in and day out and haven’t found a pair of joggers that can really match up to them. They are soft, they are really durable and I love wearing them out as well.
8. Topshop Mid Rise Denim Editor Shorts – £32.99*. I am destined to get my hands on a pair of shorts like these. The beauty about having this style of denim shorts is that if you prefer short shorts you can easily roll them up. But if you like the longer look then you can leave them as they are. Or if you like the oversized style then they are easy to style up and wear appropriately.
9. Mango Shoulder Pad T-Shirt – £17.99*. Now the shoulder pad t-shirt has only recent become a thing but I kinda love it. I think its important to have your normal t-shirt basics, but also some that are a little bit different. Despite being a small detail, the shoulder pads really just build structure and give a little something more to an outfit.
10. Mango Skinny Sculpt Jeans – £19.99*. I know there is a huge diversity of jean styles out there, and even I love a good straight leg baggy jean. However I think its important to have a basic pair of skinny jeans. I picked mango black jeans because they are so affordable and actually look black not that washed out kind of black.
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.