Now this is a little bit different to my typical Browse The Stores Posts! I thought I would give this a bit of a go and see what you think of it! Also after this week, I will be doing this once every two weeks, rather than every week. Let me know whether you would prefer it every week or every other week though so I can get the feel for it. But yes, SKINCARE MUST HAVES! I get asked a lot what skincare products I use so I thought I would include skincare products that I use religiously and those which I really want to try.
My skin can be really sensitive to new products, and if I do too much of an extensive skincare routine in both the morning and the night my skin actually hates it. It will go dry, patchy and just very sensitive. So because of that the products I use and have tried are all suitable for sensitive skin, and don’t cause issues for me. Obviously, your skin type will be different to mine, however thats just to give you some background.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion – £15.50 on Beauty Bay*. This is one of the most talked about skincare products of my time, and admittedly I wanted it because of how talked about it was. But after getting it as a Christmas present last year, I have been using it whenever I have a break out. However, this isn’t suitable for all types of blemishes. This works best on those white spots. Yes, the ones you really just want to squeeze (ew). Don’t touch them, I REPEAT, don’t touch them. Just put this on them overnight instead and it works wonders.
2. Lancome Hydra Zen Moisturiser Normal Skin – £43.00 on Look Fantastic*. This is my ultimate favourite moisturiser. I think I am on my second lot of this and I will for sure repurchase it again. Yes, I know it is slightly more expensive than your normal moisturiser but I love how it is absorbed by my skin. It leaves your skin feeling incredibly soft, not greasy at all, and its so light. I am not the biggest fan of moisturisers that are thick and feel like they just sit on your face for hours.
3. Caudalie Vinopure Clear Skin Purifying Toner – £18.00*. When I tell you that this toner changed my skin care routine I kid you not. This is especially good if you have on going problematic skin, especially post pill or hormonal related breakouts. I also know it is recommended for rosecea too and its not harsh on your skin. Your pores feel tighter and just freshens your skin after cleansing.
4. Pixi Beauty Milky Hydrating Cleanser – £18.00 on Look Fantastic*. I had to put this one in here because when I used it I was really impressed at how well it lathered and cleaned my skin. I was skeptical at first because it almost seems quite elasticated when it came out of the tube, however it throughly cleans your skin so is a good cleanser to get the makeup off.
5. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser – £7.10 on Look Fantastic*. I have seen this cleanser and the brand CeraVe pop up all over Youtube and Instagram, and also I know my mum uses this cleanser and their moisturiser. Not only are they really affordable but they are really good for those with extremely sensitive or eczema prone skin as it is soap free and non-foaming.
6. The INKEY List Niacinamide Serum – £6.99 on Look Fantastic*. This is one of the most sought after skincare brands and products of 2020. To get hold of this product you will have to jump on the email list above which will give you a notification when stock comes back in, but it looks worth it. I am on the list because it is meant to control oil and acne prone skin and work really well along side retinoids.
7. The Ordinary Natural Moisturising Factors + HA – £4.95 on Beauty Bay*. Now it is no secret that The Ordinary are one of the most affordable skincare brands on the market. I use this moisturiser as a bit of a primer before I put makeup on. It is a lot thicker than some primers I have used before. But saying that, the formula allows the skin to absorb it super quickly and it just adds a good barrier between your skin and your makeup.
8. Volition Snow Mushroom Water Serum – £52.00 on Cult Beauty*. I know this is a bit of an investment skincare item, however this is hands up the best serum I think I have tried so far. I will apply this at night and I will feel the affects dramatically the next morning. It is very moisturising and my skin has never felt so soft after using it. And yes.. it actually have mushroom extracts in it.
9. Pixi Glow Tonic 250ml – £18.00 on Look Fantastic*. Another very well known product on the market but it is very loved. All I can say is that the effect is in the name. The glycolic acid will exfoliate away the dead skin whilst the aloe vera will go an moisturise it, leaving you with a really healthy glow.
10. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser – £8.00 for the mini*. I have never tried anything from Glossier so I am SO excited to try some of their products. I would love to compare this to the milky cleanser from Pixi that I mentioned above. This has the same cleansing agent in it as found in contact lens solution so it is safe for your eyes, and it contains 5 conditioners for your skin!
You can always have a scroll over on my INSTAGRAM. Or if you wanna tweet me then find me at @EMILYCBEAUTY!
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.
The Pixi Glow Tonic is definitely a must-have in everyone’s skincare routine for sure! I also really liked Lancome’s Hydra Zen moisturiser, it made my skin feel super soft 😍 I’m still yet to try products from Cerave and the Inkey List.
Maya x || http://www.voguebymaya.co.uk
Yes the Lancome hydra zen is just so amazing on my skin!
Oooh! I haven’t tried these beauty products before but have heard a lot about them! I was looking at some Pixi products last week when I was at Target. Thanks for sharing! Such great prices :)!
Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me
Thats okay Nancy! Pixi have loads of great ranges!
I do love Lancome products xx
Elegant Duchess xx
I’m a really big fan of CeraVe. Their skincare is just lovely, with really nice and effective formulas without breaking the bank xx
Yes!! I have heard so many say the same!
I love CeraVe products too! My skin is so sensitive and their products have always worked really well for me. Thanks for sharing your recommendations! 🙂
Yes! They seem to be creeping up into the skincare giants this year!
I’ve never tried the Pixie Glow Tonic; but seen it recommended so much around the blogosphere! Will have to try now – thanks for sharing some great recommendations – heading to Boots website now, haha!
Paige // Paige Eades
Have a go girl!
You’ve sold me on the mushroom serum, I’ve never seen that product before but overnight results are incredible! And skincare is definitely something worth investing in! x
Yes I agree! Definitely try the mushroom serum as its amazing!
I’m moving to Spain tomorrow and I’m taking zero skincare products with me, so this post really has come at the perfect time!
Ahhh good luck with the move Amy!
I really want to try Glossier, think that might be my next skincare purchase!
I am a great fan of Pixi Glow Tonic and The Ordinary. I would love to try Glossier and that drying lotion sound interesting. I hope you are doing well Emily : ) xo
Me too girl! And I am well thank you! Hope you are okay!
oooo all of these products sound fab! I’ve never heard of a few – but I have super problematic skin so I’m going to look into the purifying toner x
Definitely check out the toner or Eucerin’s blemish products!
i love pix glow tonic and glossier jelly cleanser!
i will check out the rest! thank you for sharing
The Pixi Glow Tonic is my fave toner of all time and I can’t see anything changing that. I’m yet to try the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser but I hear it’s lovely so I’m jealous, haha
I love the tonic! I have a big bottle of it so I don’t see myself running out ahah!