Its been a bit hot this week hasn’t it? I was driving to Costa on Thursday and my car was reading 32C and it was absolutely scorching hot. It was that type of temperature where you really question what you want to wear because you want to wear as little as possible so you don’t risk getting any hotter than necessary. I know that heatwaves aren’t the most common UK weather system, however we have a few each year, and when they come around I feel a little unprepared. That I need to stock up on some heatwave essentials. You don’t have the two weeks that buying and delivery products take when a heat wave crops up.
So because of that I thought I would show you a few pieces that would be easy to wear in a heatwave and that are also quite on trend. Even if the hot weather is now subsiding you will have them for the next heatwave… if we get another.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. Topshop Cream Ribbed Prairie Ring Swimsuit – £30.00 down to £24.00*. I love this swiumsuit. I always used to be a swimsuit over bikini person but then I switched. However I think sometimes they are more practical to wear to the beach. However I am always worried swimsuits will make me look frumpy or look unflattering, but because this is cream it will be really complimentary.
2. Mango Double-breasted Linen Suit Blazer – £59.99*. I know I keep going on about different suits and blazers recently. But I wanted to include this one because despite the weather some people still have to work. So if thats you, then there are options like this short sleeved blazer that are good hot weather options.
3. COS Organic Oversized T-Shirt – £35.00*. For those who like higher end and more quality staple items, COS has some really good basic oversized items like this t-shirt. This is nice and oversized and there is nothing worse than something clinging to you in the heat. This will be easy to through over a bikini for the beach.
4. JDY V-Neck Smock Dress in White – £16.00*. I am a sucker for a smock dress, and a good white summer dress. So this is perfect because its a combination of both and its a really good price. This is the perfect beach dress!
5. Bershka Short Dress With Ruffles and a Gingham Check Print – £25.99*. This is just the sweetest summer dress. I think for heatwaves shorter dresses are easier to wear as the less fabric will be cooler. But I also think that despite being a mini dress it would look lovely on all shapes and sizes.
6. Birkenstock Arizona Narrow Fit Birko Flor Sandals – £60.00*. There is nothing better footwear wise than some chunky black sandals. I think they go so well with pretty much any heatwave outfit. I also highly rate Birkenstock due to their quality and I have always dreamed of having a pair.
7. Boohoo Denim Fray Hem Longline Shorts – £20.00 down to £15.00*. I have been seeing denim longline shorts like this all over Instagram and I am obsessed. I only really have one pair of denim shorts that fit me. They are black and are quite short shorts, so I would love to try and see if I can rock the longer leg look.
8. Missguided Cream Linen Look Tie Wide Leg Trousers and Cream Linen Look Top – £20.00 and £14.40*. I am totally obsessed with this coord set. Think garden BBQ or heatwave walk. Like GORGEOUS. Missguided also have some other great coord sets for the warmer weather so definitely check them out.
9. ASOS DESIGN recycled mix and match high leg high waist bikini bottom in black mono spot print – £11.20*. Now this bikini is just one of my faves of the season. ASOS Design do some really good mix and match bikinis. I liked the high leg bottoms here, because thats the style that suits me. However if you prefer another style, they will have it in the same print. Amazing!
10. H&M V-Neck Jersey Dress – £17.99*. Now a bit like the other smock dress, I loved the shaping of this. Light and airy and also the absolute cutest. It comes in a range of different colours, however I thought this was neutral and easy to wear with any accessory.
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.