I feel like such a bad fashion blogger for saying this next statement… but I don’t actually own a blazer. Despite them being one of the biggest trends on 2019 and 2020, I don’t have one. I don’t think I am actually worthy of the fashion blogger title until I have at least one in my wardrobe. I never thought I would actually suit them, and that they were too formal for just everyday wear. Which they might be – I can’t see it being something I wear to uni. However, there will always be some sort of event I can bring it out for. And I would love to shoot some content using a blazer or some suits.
So for this weeks rendition of ‘BTS’ I thought I would show some of the suits that I have been considering getting. I also asked on my Instagram stories where the best places to buy suits from were so I have included some in here too. I am more tempted to stick with the neutral colour scheme so that I can wear it with a load of different outfit choices. But I thought I would try and do a mix for those who like a bit more colour.
I have left these all over on my Instagram stories so if you find yourself wanting to know more then here are the deets. Also I want to point out that the majority of the links used will be affiliate links. It just means that if you buy that product through my link, I will get a percentage of the money… helps me out. But it doesn’t make it more expensive for you, and it will be marked with an *.
1. Zara Trousers with Turn Up Hem and Satiny Blazer – £25.99 and £49.99. I think Zara is arguably one of the best sites for minimal, oversized and structured suits. I love how this set have turned up hems on the trousers as it makes them a little bit more summery, and then you can wear a killer pair of heels to show off too.
2. Miss Guided Olive Coord Wrap Front Blazer and Detail Cigarette Trousers – £38.00 and £22.00*. I adore the colour of these. Colour wise this is probably as far as I would adventure. If you follow me on Instagram you can see the olive/sage green colour is one I am loving right now and I think this would work really well in autumn too.
3. H&M Linen Blend Jacket and linen shorts* – £34.99 and £24.99*. Now this jacket comes with the choice of matching it against shorts or trousers. But the khaki colour again very ME, and also I HAD to through a bit of linen in the mix. A perfect combination for summer events!
4. ASOS Design Dad Suit In Floral Print – £58.00 and £38.00*. Now this is one of the more out there designs I picked but I love it. I have seen some coords like this print floating around on Instagram. But I think its different, unique and a perfect wedding, or summer event suit.
5. Topshop Marl Slouch Suit Trousers and Six Button Double Breasted Suit Blazer – £31 and £52 both on sale*. I adored the slouchy nature of this suit. I feel that when they are slightly oversized they can be matched with a pair of chunky trainers to get that real 90s vibe.
6. Zara Check Trousers and Check Blazer – £49.99 and £79.99. Now this is one of the more expensive sets, however this masculine style is stunning. I loved the oversized and heavy structure to it. The check print will also work well with any under top and you can add a pop of colour that way too.
7. Zara Cropped Trousers and Double Breasted Lapelless Blazer – £49.99 and £59.99. I think this suit it just the epitome of chic. It is utterly stunning with the large shoulder pads, and the double breasted panelling. The colour is angelic and I think this is one that will end up in my wardrobe.
8. River Island White Check Double Breasted Blazer and Check Button Front Wide Leg Trousers – £65.00 and £42.00*. I loved the pattern on these. Very inner city, sophisticated vibes going on from these. Its also very easy to style because the print isn’t too bold.
9. River Island Beige Double Breasted Blazer and Beige Buckle Side Tapered Peg Trousers – £52.00 and £40.00*. I think a beige suit is one of the classics that can never really fail you. Easy to style for any occasion or season and is a wardrobe staple colour.
10. ASOS DESIGN Perfect Blazer in Camel – £45.00*. Another camel coloured blazer but this one is slightly more oversized with that kind of ‘Dad’ suit vibe going on. I think you could wear this on top of trackies or a pair of black skinny jeans quite easily.
Or if you wanna catch more of my posts you can subscribe via WordPress or email. Or catch me over on BLOGLOVIN’.